Friday, January 21, 2011

Raise the N.E.W. bar!


It's Friday!!! Happy beautiful day everyone!
Oh my, it has been a week of Splendid TGF stamps hasn't it? :) Today's card was made for an acrostic challenge over at Raise The Bar:
N.E.W.
(Nestie, Embellishment, White}

If you don't have any nestabilities, then any die cut around the focal image will be perfect.
This recipe can be interpreted in many different ways, but I thought I'd do a literal take and ink up one of my TGF stamps - I love Flapper Anya's roaring 20s look!
I kept her outfit really simple but with a lot of sparkle. Here's a closeup of the silver stickles and clear stickles (on her dress):


I followed Mercy's CASE study challenge:


And am also entering it into these challenges:

Hodge Podge Shop: White on White
Crafts and Me Challenges: Monochromatic
Ooh La La Creations Challenge: Bling it on

Come on over and join the Bar-Tenders, we would love to have you play along - show us what's N.E.W.!
Happy beautiful day everyone, thank you so much for coming by.
♥ & Aloha,

16 comments:

Crystal said...

Beautiful!!! Love the flapper and what flapper doesn't deserve a lot of bling. I have heard thru my family circle that my beloved Mama Lena (my mom's mom) was a flapper in her day.....teehee.
Hugs!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card. I love that image. I'll have to try this challenge. TFs.

scrapn_momof2 said...

Oh my this is too stunning and adorable beyond words!! I love the silver and white sparkle and how gorgeous she looks in all her simplicity. Great job!!

Sparkle said...

This is seriously the cutest thing ever! I should really use this stamp more often!

Julie said...

Way adorable!!!! Love that image, she is cute! Cool to see you playing along with us at the CASE Study this week too!

Shelley said...

That is so cute! I love the image. Thanks for joining us this week at the Hodge Podge Shop. Shelley

Linda said...

What a gorgeous cards, Thanks for joining us at The Hodge Podge Shop!

hugs Linda

Aimes said...

Oh my she's a cutie! Such a fun and fab card that you've got me dancing at in front of my monitor! :D
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sue Kohler said...

Absolutely stunning Joni, this gem put a huge smile on my face! perfectly coloured! thanks for playing along at CASE study this week!! :)

Scrappy said...

Wow! Joni, this is GORGEOUS!! Fab coloring and layout!

So glad you shared this with us at OLLCB! Hope you'll join us again soon!

MWAH! Scrappy

Thanh Vo said...

Lovin this card, Joni! Follows the RTB challenge perfectly of course! :D

Wendi said...

Totally fabulous card!!! The image is gorgeous as is your colouring
love that hair band
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Debbie said...

I love both cards - the first one is fab and fun and the second one tranquil.

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Joni, this is a fabulous card! I love the mostly white with the splash of color on the image! Very striking! And awesomely colored as well! Glad to have you play along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Oh my GOSH!! I love this! It's so much fun! My daughter (who I'm off to pick up from dance in 5 min.) would go nuts for this card!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Guess what, Joni! I chose this card to CASE for the latest CASE study challenge #52. (The challenge is to CASE a past entrant.) I love this card ... and hope I did it justice ... even without Copics!!! :) Thanks for the inspiration! If you would like to see my card ... here is the link -> EnchantINK
Hugs Andrea xxx