Thursday, January 22, 2009

Think outside the box Thursday

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going well. Hang in there, only one more day to go until the weekend. :D
Today I wanted to show you one of my cards for a few reasons.
Yesterday I interviewed Marie, owner of The Greeting Farm. This is Geisha Anya from The Greeting Farm's line of digital stamps. I have never done anything digital except for a watch. lol! I am hooked, not only can you purchase these for less than a cup of Starbucks ($3), there is no shipping cost, no waiting, and the possibilities are all up to you. You rock Marie!

Another reason why I wanted to post this card is because it took me soooo darn long to put together. I have 6 kids, but they weren't even the reason. I am challenging myself to be a little bit more creative. I don't have the natural talent that many of you have; the cards that I have seen lately in blogs and in galleries are truly works of art.
I am trying to find my own style, which is why this card really made me think outside the box. I had a flashback to Mulan (one of my all time fave Disney movies) and her meeting with the matchmaker. :D I decided that cards will mean more to me if they reflect something personally. I made the shoji screen, decorated headdress pearls, and folded fan by freehand. The green bamboo DP was true magic as it happened to be in a paper pack that I received from a cousin.

And finally, as much as I wanted to keep this card, I made it for a foreign exchange student program at Dallas Baptist University. I read about this in Jen del Muro's blog i{heart}2stamp. Not only will you make someone's day, but you will also be entered to win $450 in blog candy from many generous companies. This will continue on until the end of the month so I encourage you to join in. (Please be sure to follow directions thoroughly as there is a specific link on her blog to enter.)
Have a wonderful Thursday everyone~
*Love and Aloha*

11 comments:

xiumaiyuki said...

I saw this card over at splendid blog and thought, what a clever idea! I love all things Asian!!! Love it!

Gabby said...

SHUT UP JONI! She is GORGEOUS!!! I'm loving the fan and the story behind it...lol! I was gonna use a fan too...one of those metal embellies...but I already had TOO MUCH going on! You did FABBY!!! I'm also LOVING that screen!!!

Felicia said...

This card is AMAZING Joni!

Joanne Travis said...

I LOVE this stamp!! The screen panel you made os awesome, what a great addition.

Sheri Gilson said...

Joni, you did a great job!!! I love the fan & embeli's! You made me want to try a digi~thanks for the inspiration!!!

Becky said...

This card is just gorgeous. You are so creative :). I am loving this screen panel.

Anonymous said...

Very nice... you did a great job!

Trini said...

That is really pretty card, I can't belive that is a digital image!

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! I love the bead work you added. Perfect!

Amber said...

Joni you have an adorable blog. Loved looking at your beautiful creations:)
Amber

Rleen said...

Aloha Joni,
Mahalo for stopping by my blog and left some love in my card. I really appreciate it.

Your card is amazing, I love it! Thank you for sharing!

Hugs,
Arlene