Saturday, February 21, 2009

A little Saturday something

Okay weekend, SLOW DOWN! :D Hope you all are having a great day so far. I'm having fun with all these challenges, it's pretty neat to get a layout or color combo and create something personal with it.
This card was made for Marie's TGF's sketch challenge. I inked up one of my Miss Anya stamps (she comes with 2 other friends) and colored her in with copics. I wanted a navy blue theme to match the visa logo (which, by the way, are the fake cardboard credit cards that come in the mail for Visa applications).
This was a popular saying but I changed it to match her 'tween generation. Of course I had to add bling to her headband and white go-go boots which I glazed with a clear pen. IRL they actually look like white vinyl! Along this process I discovered a really neat punch that I've had for, oh, I'm not even sure. It's that big old slit punch by EK Success in that top right corner. I added big primas for more of a feminine touch to balance out all that navy blue. This was a fun one!
The winner of Gabby's Super Challenge Saturday heart template will be announced on her blog today. Ooooh! The anticipation! We thank you all for participating and hope you continue to join us. I am thrilled to be hosting the next challenge, which will be posted here on the 28th. In other exciting news, Jessica from Jess' Obsession is offering some yummmmy blog candy to celebrate her 1000th hit. Go and check it out! There's BG paper, Magnolia images, and other goodies up for grabs. Who doesn't like freebies and celebration?
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
*Love and Aloha*

15 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

This is sooo sweet Joni! I love it. I immediately recognized the repurposed Visa "ad." I give those to the kids to play with.

I love the colors - this is really a great take on the sketch. I'm still working on mine. I ended up watching a movie with Brendan when I was supposed to work on challenges. Oh well, time with my son is more important.

laos348 said...

Fantastic card! It goes perfectly with that saying! I have these stamps but just haven't inked them up yet. I'm thinking that this weekend might be a good time to do so.

Tammy said...

This turned out Fantastic Joni! I love her white go go boots! I've got to try my stamps out. You did such a great job.

Gabby said...

LOL...she sure is cute and yes...we sure are from Visa, and Master Card, and American Express...I can go on! LOL! You did an AWESOME job "Blow Me Away Joni"!

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

Awesome card again Joni...what great thinking out of the box...TFS

Tracy.H said...

This is just too darn cute!! :0)

Angie said...

Hey Joni! Where have I been? I LOVE your blog and I can't believe I haven't been popping over here and checking out your posts everyday! I love your blog header creations, your Mss Anya creations, your little carrot treat, and everything else I've seen! I'm going to make sure to follow your blog and I'll be back soon!

Anonymous said...

I love her! And that Visa card behind her is great too! Great job Joni!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Too Cute~I love her and your great design!!!

Becky said...

She is just adorable, and your coloring of her is fab.

MiamiKel said...

Cute, cute, cute! Shop away Miss Anya!

Joanne Travis said...

This is SO cute!! Love th charge card tucked into the side :)

Anjou Krelovich said...

Love that Visa in there! Just a quick note to check my blog when you have a chance! I nominated you for a well deserved award!

Denise said...

Wow, what a neat & pretty card!! Love the saying.

Alison Anderson said...

How fun is this? Very cute!