Friday, February 17, 2012

A side of chips!


Happy Friday everyone!
{Please scroll down to the latest challenge on the Farm - and see who we spied for this week's CASE card!}
This week over at Raise The Bar, we challenge you to use Chipboard on your card or project. Fun and easy, right? I love the way chipboard brings depth to the surface, having either a small embellishment or a large focal point makes a card pop.
For my project I altered mailboxes for Valentine's day. My kiddos were very surprised (it's been a long time since I've made something special other than food for them!) and were happy to find little goodies on the inside that I picked out for them. Only problem is, now Iz thinks it 're-loads' every morning and expects something new when he wakes up. :P
These are your standard Target mailboxes, usually $1 each but I bought these for a quarter a few years ago after V-Day. My younger 4 got mailboxes:
{here's the 4th one}

and the 2 older teenage boys got altered boxes:


I guess embellishments kind of multiply over time,
because I must say, I didn't realize I had so much chipboard. 
The design team did such an amazing job with this challenge!
You can see all the projects here on RTB, this is also where you will link up your work.
Thank you so much for coming by everyone, 
what are you working on this weekend?
Have a great day!
xoxoxox

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Love all your mailboxes!! I was in Target the other day with my Mom and we were remembering the year I made a bunch of the Valentine mailboxes, lol!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are some fun Valentine's Day surprises. It looks like you had a lot of fun. TFS.

Thanh Vo said...

Way to go with the side of chips challenge, Joni! The mailboxes are perfect for your kids and I bet that they were stuffed full of valentines!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a special project for your kids! I miss those little extra treat times now that mine have all flown the coop!