Friday, June 26, 2009

Have a Zen Friday!

Well aren't we all glad that the weekend is upon us? :D

Hi everyone! I hope you all have some fun plans for the weekend, and yes, I consider crafting all day a fun plan. ;)

Today I wanted to show you a card that I made with the Fintastic Koi images from Melyssa's Whimsie Doodle Designs. It is one of my favorites!

My family would always go to the Pagoda Hotel in Hawaii (not the fanciest hotel, I can tell you that!) because it was so conveniently located and comfortable. They also have a restaurant with koi swimming all around the deck of the Pagoda. While everyone else finished up their coffee and gabbed with relatives, the little ones would go outside with one of the older cousins to look at all the fish. It is such a sweet memory of mine!





I received this RAK-ed image of a pagoda from SCS. I absolutely love Japanese design, and am a huge fan of feng shui. I kept the image in black and white, just so the koi would have most of the attention. Since koi come in all wonderful colors, I chose an orange (of course) and a yellow one. The CS is from SU's new IC that will debut next month. (I was RAK'ed several pieces, the orange is called "Dusty Durango" which sounds like an actor's name - haha!)



I added the little fan embelli which is actually part of a broken charm bracelet. Claire's had it on clearance for a buck, great price for 10 charms!!
Hope you all have a Fintastic day. You can see Melyssa's inspiration Doodle work on her blog HERE and visit her Etsy store in the blog's sidebar. :D
*Love and Aloha*

7 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great card, Joni! The koi and charm are so pretty. You shop like I do...turning a good deal into a card making product. Have a great weekend, friend!

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! This is amazing Joni. The contrast is awesome.

Melyssa said...

Joni this is amazing! I love the contrast and the spotted Koi!

Crystal said...

Love how you kept the large image black and white so the fish would pop off the page.
Don't ya love Claire's. When we go to the mall, I make it a point to stop in there. Love when they have 10 for $10 clearances....

jen said...

that is so calming to look at. GREAT JOB on the color combos!

Sheri Gilson said...

Great Card Joni! I love the pops of color on the Koi against the b&W background.

Risa said...

Very pretty card! Your image is fantastic and I love the charm!
hugs
Risa:)