Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Need some sunshine? A quick tut!

Hi everyone!! And happy Tuesday to you. This may be a lame post but I have a ton of things going on here at the Wilson Compound. lol! JK...but 2 of my 6 are down with colds (Nala is getting better, Izzy is teething) and I just got an email from my BFF who is coming to the DC area on Wednesday!! Woohoo! She and her halau are dancing for the Obamas, I haven't seen her in about 6 years but she still looks the same as she did in HS. bleh.

Okay, so are you ready for some SUNSHINE?
Well here's a quick tutorial that I read about months and months ago on a blog. I am certain I wrote it down somewhere, but when you see my craft space you'll know why I can't find it. If you know the original blogger, please let me know and I will give her credit!

On to the visuals:

You'll need a piece of yellow paper and a scalloped nestie. Run it through to get this:



(Mine was Cb'd with the swiss dots folder first, sorry about that! It was a scrap that I wanted to use.) Now turn the scallops to off set the nestie. It is such a teeny tiny rotation but it looks like this:


Run it through the CB again and this is what it will come out looking like:



Now be careful! There's lots of little pieces that will fall off of it. :D
Remove from the scalloped nestie and this is what it looks like:
I apologize about the different lighting - it was a progressive attempt during the morning light. Okay, now you have sunshine! :D Have a wonderful day everyone.
*Love and Aloha*

4 comments:

joni h said...

great tutorial! gotta try it out. TFS! Hope the keiki feel better soon...it's summer!

Melissa Craig said...

Great idea! Thanks - I really appreciate when others can show me how to create different shapes with nesties that I already have. I think there are other ideas on GinaK, maybe. Now I don't remember where I saw that at. Hmmm...

Hope the kiddos get to feeling better quickly.

Sheri Gilson said...

Great tutorial~I never thought about using the nesties for this. I saw something similar by Angie over on Chic n' Scratch but she uses the SU scallop punch. Here is the tutorial is anyone is interested.

http://www.mychicnscratch.com/2009/05/lion-punch.html

But how awesome to be able to use either the nestie or punch depending on what supplies you may have to work with.

jen said...

how clever!