Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Time for a Tuesday Sketch!

Hello there!
Long story short, because you all know I can gab forever:
Saturday was Melissa's birthday, the designer/owner of Tuesday Morning Sketches. Her sister Theresa emailed me and thought it would be a neat idea to make the sketch as birthday cards and email them to Melyssa on Saturday for a little surprise. Wasn't that sweet of her?
So here is the delightful sketch we all got to work with:


And here was my bday card using Birthday Ian:


I flipped the sketch on to its side so I could use 3 presents as the squares. I was so happy to finally use my traffic jam CB folder! I can never think of anything fun enough for those quirky rectangles.
Up close:

Birthday sentiment is from my well used SU Circle Of Friendship set. I don't know what I would do without it.
This week, Modern Sugar Blvd. is sponsoring the prize so be sure to join in on the fun! Upload your cards and link to the blog HERE, and wish Melissa a happy belated bday. :D
Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!
*Love and Aloha*

5 comments:

Randi said...

This is a fantastic sketch and I really love how you interpreted it Joni!! The little presents are too cute!

Melissa Craig said...

So cute! I love this little birthday Ian - he's so happy!! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

jen said...

what a happy card-- and happy belated b-day to Lilly too!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute card Joni!! Love how you used the CB folder~I tend to never use that one either. Great job!!

Crystal said...

Super cute...I just know that she was pleasantly surprised!!!