Thursday, August 27, 2009

Yeehaw, it's almost Friday!!

Well hello everyone and a happy Thursday to you! Today is our trash day so I get excited pulling out our bins knowing that tomorrow is Friday. LOL! What a looney way to interpret the week. :D

This week The Digi Shack has an awesome color combo challenge for you this week! Toni gave us this nice eyeshadow pallette to work with of dark brown, bronze, caramel and teal. Beautiful on doe-shaped eyes but it was a challenge indeed for me!
Here is my yeehaw card with those colors:

Doh - what a doof. I photographed a white card on a white background, which is why it looks like it's floating . I wanted the boots to look like well worn leather so I went over it repeatedly with 3 shades of prismas.
The primas one the bottom are so beautiful IRL - each one has this rubbed edge of brown on different leaves and edges which was perfect for this card. I tried to take a little pic of it for you:
The awesome layout is by Friday Sketchers, I also added a star charm which is dangling through the wrought iron corner.
Now it's your turn to do this color combo! If you'd like to see what the Wowies have done with this (and trust me - you do!) you can either click on their names in my sidebar or visit the blog's Mr. Linky. All of the projects will be linked up in there for easier access.
Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday because - Yeehaw! It's almost Friday! :D
*Love and Aloha*

11 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! This is cool Joni! I love the flowers - they look great.

Haha! I look at the week in a similar manner. Except I'm not sure I'd be excited over trash bins. Joni, the perpetual Miss Mary Sunshine - that's one of the things I love about you.

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cool masculine card Joni!! I love the coloring on the boots and the charm is a perfect touch. Wonderful job with the challenge!!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful, like all your other cards. GREAT job.

Janice said...

Great job! Love the boots-you did a great job coloring them. Nice color scheme too-make have to check out this challenge.

Amooretto said...

Now that is a cute YEEHAW card! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cool card!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love the colors. nice work :)

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

absolutely fantastic! love those boots!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Great card - love your header too

Heather Schlatter said...

Joni,

Even though I am allergic to Brown this card turned out superb!!! Those colors together are just so pretty (yes that did just come out of my mouth but I do have my Brown Free Glasses on!!!)

Those flowers look totally gorgeous in the picture!!!

Heather

Alysabeth said...

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!