Thursday, September 24, 2009

Who loves you baby?

I do!! heehee!
Happy Thursday everyone and thank you so much for coming by.
Soo, have you checked this out in my sidebar? ------>
If so, then you know that Mr. Owl here is The Digi Shack's latest freebie!
I decided to use him for this week's Thursday challenge. It is a sketch made by yours truly (don't laugh - I was in a hurry and quickly threw this together in photoshop):
And here's Owl and co.:
I had so much fun with this image, he's so easy to color up. Did I mention that he's a freebie this week only? Then he flies off to the store for purchase. You can find him HERE on the blog.
Here is a closeup of their feathers:

I doodled scallops with the colorless blender while the copics were still pretty fresh on the image. I don't own a Copic colorless blender, I own a Prismacolor one which I love love love love love. It feels more like a marker so when I use it on images it's easier handling. This is a fun technique as the scallops gradually show up as it dries.
Now that you have a freebie, be sure to enter this week's challenge! Have fun with my raw sketch and be sure to Mr. Linky up your dinky. Good luck and happy creating!
Have an incredible Thursday everyone. :D
*Love and Aloha*

9 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

I love it! What a great card and it's an awesome sketch!! I think I'll give it a whirl today between doctor appointments. Brendan popped a wire so we're headed back to the Orthodontist and Levi has to get his wrist x-rayed again to make sure it's healing properly.

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card Joni!! I love the DP and the way you grouped Mr Owl in different sizes. Great job giving them texture too. Wonderful job with your great sketch!!

Gabby said...

OH I LOVE IT! Girl...the colorless blender sure gave it that extra dimension to make it WOW! You go girl!

Gabby said...

OH DUH...I forgot to say I LOVE your sketch! Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

I love it, nice colors too.

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Joni~ you always have the most fun techniques, tricks and clever designs and projects! I love this scallop technique and how easy! Your card rocks and I loved this sketch!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Joni, You are too sweet! Thanks for having me as your "pick of the week" Your work is so fabulous! I think we have botth found our calling!

Lelia Pierce said...

Joni - fabby as usual! Great use of the colorless blender! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Tammy said...

This is so darn cute! I have missed so many creat free digi's from them.
Thanks for the reminder!