Monday, October 12, 2009

☼ A Sunshiney and Giggly Monday ☼

Hello everyone and happy Monday to you! And Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends. ;) Betcha didn't know that my siblings were all born in Canada, eh? Yes, I am the only true Hawaiian born baby in the family besides my parents. Which brings me to my fun announcement:
I am a Sunshine and Giggle DT member! I was so honored when Janice asked me to hop on board her design team. All of her rubber stamps are made with children images, and of couse having many of them myself, I couldn't resist.
Here is one of her newest images from her store:



Isn't she lovely? She is so festive with the pretty poinsettias in hand and looks like an actual picture of a little girl. :D She was so fun to color up, I decided to put her in a holiday green dress then found this DP in my stash to work with.
Here she is up close:




I think she's just a sweetie. Janice has a new artist creating her stamps, Nicole Brekelbaum is an illustrator for children's books and has done a great job with this line!
Here is a closer look at the flowers:



I got these lovely flowers from Michael's, they originally come with red brads for the centers but I thought I'd try these yellow and white microbeads instead. Yes, I was feeling quite creative that day. ;)
There are so many new images over at Sunshine and Giggles, and also a very worthy cause going on from now until the end of October. Janice has joined many others to help a little girl named Paige, a portion of her sales will be donated to the family for Paige's medical expenses. You can read about her story HERE on the blog.
Be sure to check out the other DT members for more samples of Sunshine and Giggles stamps:

Janice (owner) ☼ MelissaJenniferNicole ☼

Have a wonderful Monday everyone, enjoy this beautiful Fall day!
*Love and Aloha*

11 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Oh wow! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love how you colored this image, her hair and dress are absolutely perfect. I think the flourish adds so much class, too. Beautiful job!!

Janice said...

Wow!! Very elegant looking Christmas card! You did a beautiful job with the coloring and those microbeads are an awesome touch in your poinsettias. Beautiful card!

Stef H said...

this is stunning! that image is just too fabulous. what hair!!!!! and your coloring is awesome. i just love the microbeads on those poinsettias. and that's why you're the creative genius!!!!

hugs,

Annie said...

wow JOni this is gorgeous. Stunning work.

Ann xxx

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card Joni!! I love the richness of the red & green!! Your coloring is flawless. Congrats on the new DT assignment!!

Nicole said...

Hi Joni!
A belated and enthusiastic welcome to the team! I'm so happy to be working with you!
Your card is precious and your coloring is beautiful. The flowers are the perfect accent!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Beautiful, the green you used is so rich. Wonderfully done.

Hugs,

Tanya

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card.

jennruggeri75 said...

Hi there! I am so excited to be working with you at Sunshine and Giggles. Your coloring is amazing!! I just love your dp and flowers. Beautiful card all around!

jen said...

what a wonderfully delightful holiday image.

Heather Schlatter said...

Your coloring on this image is wonderful and I love the layout and embellies and perfect colors too!!!

Heather