Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm sweet and romantic...

I love dresses and books, Victorian hats and bows... NOT!
heehee! Happy Friday friends and welcome to the April Fool's edition of Raise The Bar!
There are going to be so many wonderful Easter challenges that we thought we'd do something a wee bit different. This week we challenge you to FOOL us - create a card in a style that is sooo not you. If you like layers, go simple. Shabby chic? Try a contemporary or modern image. Love doing cutesy? How about trying a masculine card! We're not asking you to buy anything new, just use that DP in your stash that you keep putting at the bottom of the pile because you have no idea why you bought it. Yes, you know which one I'm talking about. ;)

I am not sure what my regular style is called, but it is definitely not elegant. Here is my attempt doing a feminine card using Victorian Reader by Elizabeth O. Dulemba:


Are you fooled? I didn't think so. heehee! This is SO not me, I don't even own a dress remotely close to this! She's so pretty and feminine, well put together and very classy. Yes, let's just say that this isn't me.
Come on over and join us! You'll get a kick out of the Design Team's samples HERE on the Raise The Bar blog. Every week the winner of the challenge gets to design for the next week so I'd love for you to enter in.
HAPPY FRIDAY Friends! The kids are on Spring Break all next week. WOOHOO!!!!
*Love and Aloha*

6 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW ... for NOT being your style you have certainly done a FANTASTIC job!! This is beautiful Joni ... I just LOVE it! Awesome corner treatments, ribbon treatment, charm, colored image ... just perfect! You should try this again sometime!!!

Becky said...

This is darling. Love the image.

Kimberly S said...

Whether it's your style or not, your card is gorgeous! Beautiful DP you chose for her, and I love the cut out corners. Very feminine. *grin*

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely card, Joni!! I love it!! The charm is a perfect embelli!!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Joni - I think you did a wonderful job with her! Thanks for the shout-out.
:)
e
Elizabeth O. Dulemba
http://dulemba.com

Thanh Vo said...

But Joni, you ARE sweet and romantic, I know so from your personality as well as your love story with your DH. :P

I think you should dabble in this style more often bc you did great