Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer is here!


Well, almost. Can you believe we have one more day of school tomorrow? Even though it's just a half day, it's still school. Bleh. My kids are soooo ready to start their vacation as we have fun stuff planned.
For now, let's celebrate the warmer lazy days with this card. This is one of the newest TumbleWeeds named Sitting Dottie released over at Whimsie Doodles, isn't she sooo sweet? I went a wee bit dottie crazy with the DP but at least I refrained from going overboard with embellishments. ;)
I  used a large bee brad that I bought from GAS last year - last year! Ack! (I am headed out to GAS again on Friday and just now found this. Please tell me you relate.) I paper pieced the path of a bee with my sharp tool to mimic the one on the digi. You can find the sweet images HERE on the store site.
I hope your Wednesday goes really well, we're almost to the weekend.
I will be posting a super special story on Saturday and of course, there's something in it for you! I hope you pop in then to see it. ;) Off to enjoy this beautiful warm day and get ready for DS's 6th grade graduation tonight. Yippee!
Happy day everyone! ♥

4 comments:

Irena said...

Very cute image, lovely colored. The papers are wonderful.
Have a wonderful day!

Rachel said...

Adorable!

Rhonda Miller said...

Sooo Sweet.

BlueRose said...

Gosh how cute is she! Love your card♥