Monday, September 13, 2010

Thankful Hearts and fun treat holders!


Happy beautiful Monday everyone!
There is a chill in the air (literally) and football was on all weekend long here in the Wilson home. I loved it! It's definitely time for the crock pot to come out of the cabinet. ;)
I have some really fun treat holders to share with you, courtesy of my friend Erin from Stamp Till U Cramp. A while back I won her blog candy, included was this adorable treat holder that I just had to CASE! I modified different versions for a recent post on A Crafty Little Place (seen HERE), but these are really fun to do. You can get 3 from one 12x12 sheet of cardstock/DP. For these projects I used the adorable Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg line from DCRU, including the element sheets that are used as tags.

Directions:
Start with a 4"x12" piece of paper
Score @ 2", 4", and 8"
Fold and voila...a treat holder that can be used for many different occasions!
Here are other versions that I created with this template:

The look can be modified just by using different nesties or punches. I used clear cardstock for the window since it's always fun to see what's inside. :)

Here are a few challenges that I am using this for:
Fab 'n' Funky: Whateva (<---love that!)
The Creative Cottage: Celebrations (perfect little gifties for any occasion!)
Paper Play Challenges: Autumn Is A Comin'
Paper Playtimes: If the shoe fits, buy every color. (Variety is the spice of life!)
Speedy the Cat's Challenge: Use Fall colors

Thank you all for coming by today, enjoy this beautiful start to your week! ♥

13 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

I LOVE your take on this project!! These gift bags are awesome! Just let me know if you need my address to mail them to me. LOL What a great idea. I'm going to have to try this! Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Rhonda Miller said...

These are great. I might have to case them and make some for my kids. TFS.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

so cute, great little party favor bags!! thanks for sharing

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! These are amazing! Such wonderful treats! Love the papers you used :)
hugs, margie

redwasher1 said...

Wow!! These are amazing, all beautiful. Thanks for sharing how you made them, will have to try this.
Thanks for playing at Speedy's Friends.

Vicki Dutcher said...

YUMO!! Great holder~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~

stampingandstitching said...

Wow these are all wonderful treat holders! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

Simply Pam said...

I love your project! Looks just too yummy. :) Thanks so much for participating in the Paper Playtime challenge!

Pam
simply-pam.blogspot.com

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work with these fun treat holders!!

Thank you so much, Joni, for sharing your delightful projects with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's challenge!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wonderful treat packaging....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

Anonymous said...

Love the variety achieved by using different dies and punches for the windows. I'm assuming you bagged the candy? TF contributing a super idea! ~ CM2 :-)

Lisa Mala6 said...

Those are so cute. Will make a great treat some kindergartners I know.

thanks so much!

Dana Joy said...

Joni these are adorable.