Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm baaaack! (and sharing some Aloha!)


Aloha friends! I just wanted to pop in and say hello, our plane arrived last Tuesday morning but we're still so jet lag and out of our time zone. Who knew that 6 hours difference would affect us so much? Not to mention that the airline seats are still not comfortable to sleep in (unless you're in first class, which we so were not - lol!). We just loved our vacation and visiting with family and friends. One week was spent on Oahu for my sister's wedding at Hale Koa, the next week on Kauai where I was born. It was so wonderful showing off my island to the kiddos, they loved every minute of it!
I won't lie - I cried like a baby when it was time to leave, it was so hard leaving my family and my beautiful home. If there is one thing you should do in your lifetime, it's to visit Kauai. There is no place in the world like it, it truly is a piece of heaven on Earth!
I will be posting later today for TPE but wanted to share a few pictures of our trip home. I will also be doing a giveaway to celebrate summer later this week (this made me a bit happier when I decided to do this, Hawaii people are SO generous so I thought I'd extend the aloha!). For now here are some pictures of our trip:

 Isiah perfecting his shaka

 Lily, a natural on the boogie board

 My happy feet

 The beach house on Kauai

 My kiddos on Day 1, ready to hit the beach

Have a wonderful Monday morning everyone! :)

6 comments:

Trina said...

Glad you all had a good trip and that you made it back safely!

Michele said...

Glad to hear you guys had such a great time on your trip! Your kiddos look like they had a BLAST! I'm sure your sis was so glad to have you all there for her big day! You guys have the best relationship!! :-)

Maylee said...

Glad to hear you had a good time, must be so hard to leave.

Judie said...

Hi Joni,
Looks like a fun time. Glad you are back safely, and playing with cards all ready.
Happy crafting
Judie

Gwen H said...

Beautiful photos of you gorgeous family...and feet. :~) I have some of those in my vacay pics too...the only way I get in the scrapbook...LOL!

SMiLES!
GWeN

La Vikinga said...

Can't believe it; you have a beach house in paradise??? Looks absolutely wonderful everything - all what we europeans dream of during a few months a year...

La Vikinga