Monday, March 4, 2013

TPE Challenge #189


Well happy beautiful Monday morning to you all!
I hope your weekend went just the way you wanted it to?
We had some great family time, and hubby and I had an impromptu day date on Saturday.
Lunch at Chili's, Zero Dark Thirty, then a quick run to Costco.
It's so nice having older kids. ;)
This week we have a fun new challenge for you over at The Pink Elephant:

Oooh, what could it be, you ask?
Here it is:
Look at that lovely photo inspiration!
I've been wanting to change out my bedroom scheme,
but I think these colors would work better in a guest bedroom.
I don't trust myself with any kind of white. lol!
For my card I used an adorable image from Rick St. Dennis called "Texas."
Isn't she quite the diva?
Now I have to confess something, as I was happily coloring up her boa,
I kind of, sort of, really freaked out when I came to this part:
Eeek! Anyone who knows me has seen me carry spiders with my bare hands,
capture crickets, stink bugs, grasshoppers, praying mantis without a problem.
But critters? ACK! 
It's such a great image though, and going to one of my childhood friends who just turned 40.
She's a showgirl by nature, having danced in Polynesian shows in Hawaii since high school. 
I am also entering this beauty into the following challenges:
Jellypark Challenges: Get in Shape (circle, square, rectangle, photo corner triangle)
 Craft Us Crazy: Anything Goes
Sketch Saturday: {below}
 And don't forget our inspiration photo from The Pink Elephant:
Come on by TPE's blog to see what fabulous designs Ella's girls have made!
Have a beautiful Monday everyone, thank you so much for coming by. 
xoxoxox

7 comments:

kadie said...

Joni, I'm totally gaga over this! It's GORGEOUS!!

tshupile said...

Wow. That is a greate card with a greate coloring!!
Anat (tshupile)

Stacey Schafer said...

fantastic card, Joni! love your coloring:)

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love the colors.

Lisa Jane said...

ooh la la .. love that image and the colour combo is so striking
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our lovely ladies challenge
Lisa x

Niki Rowland said...

Absolutely love the image, your comment about the end of her boa made me laugh out loud, I wouldn't have noticed it either! Love the colour inspiration, it works really well. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is lovely, Thanks for playing on Sparkle and Glitter with Rick. Hazelxox