Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Tiddly Ink cutie!


Happy wonderful Wednesday everyone!
 Normally this is my day off from posting but I couldn't resist this cutie.
Tiddly Inks offered this freebie for a limited time, isn't she adorable?
{Wryn Blooms is now available for purchase in the store.}
I decided to try a fun idea that I saw on a friend's Facebook page:
Instead of coloring the entire image, she just colored part of it and left the rest uncolored.
Super fun, but a bit tricky to do!
I suppose I am conditioned to color the entire image so I had to pencil in where to stop. ;)
I made my own 'frame' for this card after seeing them for sale in stores.
Very easy with nesties - just layer two together (in this case a square into a label) then run them through.
Voila! A frame - and a great way to use up scraps.
I am playing along in the following challenges:


Thanks so much for stopping in to see me!
Hug those you love and keep praying for Oklahoma. 
xoxoxox

14 comments:

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! I love your fun DPs, and the framed, partially colored image is an awesome technique!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card.

Amy W. said...

Beautiful!!! <3 the bright colors and the layout!!!

Vili M. said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!

Melissa Craig said...

Absolutely love this effect! She is super cute and I love the b/w topped with color. Nicely done, Joni. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Loopylou. said...

absolutely stunning joni, I love this idea but I have never tried it and now I think I might have a go at it one day.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the TI challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card and so different = love it. The image looks fab with the frame and then coloured.
Thank you for joining the Cutie Pie photo inspiration challenge and good luck x Susan x

Unknown said...

This is fab, Joni! Really LOVE this idea and will be CASE-ing it. ;D So glad you joined us at Tiddly Inks this fortnight - and shared again in the FB group. We so appreciate it!

Dawn said...

So pretty Joni! Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jessi Fogan said...

Eek! I love it! Such a neat way to use an image in a different way - ugh, my vocabulary is not working this morning. I totally lurve the bright colours & the tilted frame! So glad you could come play at Tuesday Morning Sketches with us :)

Jeanne Streiff said...

Love your Spotlight card! Thanks for playing the Tiddly Inks Challenge!

Katie said...

What an awesome technique- this card is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Unknown said...

Oh wow this is fabulous and an idea I havn't seen before. It great, love too that you havn't used fussy design papers.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers network this month
Claire x
(DT)

KalySto said...

Lovely card! Such an interesting design! Thank you for joining us in Card Mania Challenge and Good Luck