Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day is Lei Day!


Happy Tuesday everyone!
Well, it's about time that I got organized and started posting regularly to my blog again.
I have had some setbacks, including a new wireless printer that no longer syncs to my laptop!
I have been digi-less for a while now and am sooo sad. 
But enough of that, because I still have plenty of rubber stamps to last me a while. ;)

Here is a card I made, belated, for Raise The Bar's newest challenge.
In Hawaii, today (May 1st) is also called LEI DAY.
RTB is celebrating this tradition with any floral/tropical creation!
In Hawaii when I grew up, they had school ceremonies where students are crowned 
as May Day Prince and Princesses, complete with lei, flowers, gowns, and a program.
It's such a beautiful time to celebrate Hawaiian tradition!

For my card I used my Cheeky Beach (because she epitomizes Hawaiian lifestyle), 
as well as some Recollections hibiscus paper (7 for $1 at Michaels, love that).

And to pay homage to the Farm, I played along with their current Farm Fresh Friday sketch:


{*sniff sniff* I surely do miss the Farm. lol!}

So come on over and play along with these fun challenges!
Click here to see the beautiful LEI DAY samples by my Raise The Bar designers.
Click here to join in on the fun at TGF with their sketch challenge.
Have a beautiful Tuesday everyone, Iz man and I are off to a playdate with some friends!

xoxoxox

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Joni thank you for your kind comment on my blog , because of it I have now found your blog and what a stunning place , your work is so beautifully coloured and you use such fabulous images , I am following to see more and to be inspired thank you Hugs Elaine

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. I love the sweet image. TFS.

Thanh Vo said...

Oh me, oh my! She sure is a cheeky sexy gal, Joni! Is this a reflection of you? ;) LOL

Super cute, love that you waited until Lei Day to debut her.