Thursday, July 2, 2009

Time flies when you procrastinate

Hi everyone! Now isn't that the truth? I know many of you are so organized that all the projects are done waaaay ahead of time. Personally, I couldn't believe it was time for The Digi Shack's Thursday challenge already as I kept putting it on my to-do list! But it is a fun and appropriate one indeed, you'll be happy to play along with the DT.

So can you guess what the color challenge is from this picture?


Haha! You got it - with our wonderful 4th of July coming up, it's good old Red, White and Blue, with a dash of baby blue for a surprise. I think Mrs. Sam is one of my favorites out of the new Lani line found HERE. She's so happy and proud! I used the latest sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday's challenge blog because I am committed to getting sketches right. ;)

Nothing fancy here, just nesties, scraps of DP and ribbon that I am so happy to be using up. The embellis were from GAS - the USA one is a brad from the Dollar Scrapbooking kiosk. (You can find the link to them HERE.)
I wanted this to be a vibrant and fun card, Arlana's sketch worked out perfectly for all the movement that usually goes on at 4th of July celebrations.
So come on over! Show us Maui Wowies what you can do with red white and blue by posting your card link and comment HERE at TDS' blog, and also to view what the fabulous DT did with this color combo.
Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! I need to go see if there were any other projects or swaps that I forgot to do. :D
*Love and Aloha*

10 comments:

Ann said...

Sure, my projects are always done way ahead of time...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;)

Melissa Craig said...

Cute card.



heehee... This is great Joni! This is so festive. You did a great job. Dang, did I just finish TDS' last Thursday challenge?

Crystal said...

Love the USA!!!!!!

FAB!!!1

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card Jones!!! I just love the Mrs Sam image! You did an AWESOME job with Arlana's sketch, thanks for playing along with us this week and don't FORGET to link your card! :D

Becky said...

This is adorable. And I am one of those who doesnt get my Mojo Monday done until fri. :)

Lindsay said...

love it!!!! especially the little shine you put on her lips! lol such details!

Arlana 11426 said...

Wow Joni this is so fun and patrotic. Thanks for playing along and hope you caome back again. So SWEET!!!

mulberry station said...

This is really a fun card this week. So patrotic. Thanks for plying again this week. Hope to see you next week.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Great patriotic card. I love the USA Button and stars on the other buttons. See you next week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Nicole said...

SUPAH DUPAH artwork, girlie! Hey, check my blog at top for the blog candy!! custom sterling silver and swarovski bracelet up for grabs!

hugs, Nicole