Thursday, August 20, 2009

A special Thursday Digi Shack challenge

Well hello and happy Thursday to you! I am so glad you returned and that my crazy post re: blog candy yesterday didn't scare you away. lol! You know it was bad when I got a call from a friend (also a financial advisor) who told me she couldn't figure out what my blog candy numbers meant. HA! I re-worded it, hopefully it will all make sense. ;)

So today is a special TDS challenge because the winner will receive an incredible prize. (And I do mean incredible!) It's one that has never been offered before so be sure to come and join us - you won't be disappointed!
Our challenge is to be Etsy inspired using any of these bags for inspiration HERE that was made by The Digi Shack's owner, Toni Waters. Oooh, such talent!

You can see the bag HERE that inspired me, it is listed as Amy Butler's Lotus Flower.
And this is my piece:



First off, I loved the colors of this bag. The pink and brown hues are so different, but they blend so well together! Instead of a lotus I used the daisy from TDS' shop.
The actual white bag can be found at the Dollar Tree in the wedding aisle. There are 8 favor boxes in a single pack, and are usually $4+ at other stores. I ran that through my CB with the leafy branch folder, and then colored it in with SU's True Thyme ink pad and a blender pen. I copied the dots at the bottom of the bag with ribbon.
Now show us your awesome inspired piece! Link it up in TDS's blog HERE so we can see your wonderful creation. Have an awesome Thursday everyone!
*Love and Aloha*

11 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Aww - this is sooo pretty Joni! The colors do look really well together and what a treat on the inside. What a wonderful gift to receive.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous bag Joni! Love the colors of the flower!

jen said...

that's BEAUTIFUL! super soft color combo, perfect for a wedding, baby, or any other gift

Stef H said...

holy moly! is this gorgeous! and what a great idea on the favor boxes. i keep passing them up! not anymore!

i just love this!

hugs,

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty!! I love those little boxes but never thought to emboss them. Thanks for the inspiration.

Gabby said...

Love it Joni! It's super cute! I'm gonna have to take that challenge...I just saw a bag that screams my name. :D I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about...lol!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute, Miss Joni!!!

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wowee Joni, is this cute or what... You creative thing you!!! LOL

I stopped by to let you know that I have something on my blog for you! *wink*

Hugs
Lynda =)

Tammy said...

Hi Joni
This is a sweet project. Fantastic coloring on the flower.

Heather Schlatter said...

Joni,

This is just gorgeous!!! I love the colors and the coloring you totally rocked this one out of the park!!!

Heather

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Wonderful gift bag! And the flower is beautifully colored, Joni! Love it!