Monday, May 10, 2010

Hear me ROAR!

Hello everyone and (forgive the fake excitement) Happy Monday!! :D I know weekends fly by, but how unfair that Mother's Day weekend does too! Regardless, I do hope you enjoyed your special day.
Whimsie Doodles had a mega release last week, I am so addicted to the Stitch 'Ems set. They are so fun to color in!


I used leftover scraps for my entire card, they are piling up to a ridiculous amount so I really need to be disciplined in using them up or I will be swallowed by the pile. ;)
No sketch followed, nor any challenges with this one. I let the card create itself, the color combo just kind of fell together. Love when that happens! Edges are distressed, the MS border punch was on clearance at Michaels (by the way, they have a ton of Spring/Easter ones for $6.99 on sale!!). You can find the entire lot of new releases HERE on the Whimsie Doodles website.
Before I go, I wanted to share some sweet visitors that we've been hosting through Spring. A mama robin made her home atop a pillar on our front porch. We watched her (from afar) perch patiently on her eggs, calm and with the sweetest disposition. She is now a proud mommy, taking care of her little hungry babies. Bless her heart, they make her work! Here are a few pictures I took of them this weekend when they popped their heads out of their nest. She had to leave several times to find them more food:




Aren't they the sweetest?!? I know they'll be leaving us soon, literally making me face an empty nest syndrome. :( I found an amazing site HERE that has beautiful pictures chronicling one woman's experience with a robin's nest under her window. Since our pillar is quite high, we've only had a ground's eye view of what miracle transpired. Sigh. Mother Nature is so wonderful. :D
Have a beautiful Monday everyone! And now I TRULY mean it!!
~*Joni

3 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, Joni, what a great card. I love the new releases from Whimsie Doodles.

Thanks or sharing the pics of the baby birds. Soo cute.

I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day.

Mari G said...

I really like these new Whimsie Doodles stitch stamps, too. Love the baby birds. We had a nest of killdeer birds this spring that we protected. They build their nests on the ground in our front yard!

Unknown said...

Cute card Joni! I'm lovin' that new release from WD.