Monday, June 28, 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow...


Happy Monday everyone!! We've finally started our summer and I am loving every minute of it. Unfortunately my 3 year old rooster is an early riser regardless, so no sleeping in for me...yet. I'm working on it as that is an important luxury. ;)
I am so excited to show you the card I made for Wild Card Wednesday at Club Anya. Not only did I have so much fun with my friend Traci's sketch, but I won the week's challenge! Woohoo! I was so happy to see my name in lights. ;)
This was the sketch that she posted:


I think I'll stay true to my colors since bright and vibrant are my favorite palette to work with. I inked up Nahla (love that name, especially since I have my own 9 yo DD named Nala) from the Roll Call set and used this fabulous DP that I found at Michaels. It's a 12x12 sheet of 4 6x6 panels in the yummiest colors, I love how it already has a washed look to it but is still very bright.
Thank you for coming by today my friends! Don't forget that my blog candy is up and running until July 14th, Maali's 6th birthday. You can find the deets HERE or by clicking on the top picture in my sidebar. Have a beautiful day everyone!♥

7 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute card, Joni!! I love the rainbow!! Love your take on the sketch!!

Jackie Randolph said...

Very very cute! Nahla is colored up so pretty and your rainbow is fabulous!!

Irena said...

Lovely card, great image, wonderful papers and colors.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is great. I love that rainbow. TFS.

Maylee said...

Congratulations, I saw your name last week and was soo excited for you. I love how you used the grass punch against the picket fence!

WickedPixie said...

Joni, I LOVE what you did with the sketch! Your card is great! :-)Traci

Thanh Vo said...

Congratulations Joni! I was so happy to see you had been picked :)