Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kickin' It for Michelle

Happy Thursday everyone, and thank you so much for coming by today. This post means a lot to me as it concerns a fellow crafter who is so amazingly talented! Michelle Oatman of Donkey Smiles needs our love and support. She experienced an unfortunate accident in June while tending to the animals on her farm. A bungee tie snapped into her eye, resulting in its removal. She is awaiting surgery, and eventually a prosthetic, but in the meantime has been surrounded by so much love from the crafting world.You can read her story and update HERE on her blog.
Michelle and I were both Guest Designers at Club Anya, she was such a hard act to follow! With amazing details and flawless creations, I instantly became a fan of her designs. It's always nice to peruse her blog and visit her farm updates, as well as see how beautiful her cards are.
My card was made with an adorable freebie image that our friends at Whimsy Stamps has designed for Michelle, as well as  a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. You can find more details HERE as well as the link to download this image. PLEASE join us in this card drive for Michelle! Her address and more information can be found at A Spoon Full of Sugar's blog HERE, the card drive will continue all month long.
In addition, her fellow designers over at Stampavie is also giving away a free digital image, all they ask is that you consider making any monetary donation via PayPal to help with medical expenses. All information and that image can be found HERE at their DT blog.
I do hope you join us in supporting Michelle! And, as her blog is so sweetly named, I leave you with a donkey smile. :D


Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!♥

11 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

This a a great card and I am hoping Michelle is doing better!!! I will visit her blog today!!

Tanya said...

Your card is beautiful! I need to get some ink so I can get one done up too. That little donkey image is just too sweet.

Irena said...

Very cute image. Great card. Lovely colors.

Imke said...

Joni, i came over from Melissa´Blog. I also join the TMS Challenge. These little donkey is so cute ! Your coloring is beautiful, you did a great job.

Melissa Craig said...

This donkey is so cute! I love it. Thanks for sharing Michelle's story, too. I will send a card, too. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Danni said...

Such a cute, sweet card!

Thanh Vo said...

Fantastic card for an amazing card drive, Joni!!! xoxoxoxo

Theresa said...

Hi Joni, your card is adorable. The donkey is too cute! I'll keep Michelle in my thoughts and hope for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for celebrating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

Jackie Randolph said...

Awwwh Joni this is just adorable!! Your coloring is fantastic, and I just love the color combo you used. I am sure Michelle will be just tickled to pieces when she see your card.

Hugs
xxxx

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Welcome! said...

Ahhh, how cute!!! I just love love love this Joni! So excited to be working with you, your work is just so inspiring! Fingers crossed for the Holland game ;)