Friday, October 28, 2011

Raise the Sewing Bar!


Happy beautiful finally Friday everyone!

I hope your weekend is full of fun stuff? Or nothing at all? :) Either way, come on and play with us over at Raise The Bar - we have a fun SEW WHAT? challenge for you all. Faux or real, we want to see stitching on your cards!
For my little sample, I used the adorable Alice from the Wonderland digi set from The Greeting Farm. She's soooo much fun to color in! I wanted her to be a focal point so I zoomed in with my nestie to just feature her upper body. I used some thicker thread to stitch around the card, my poor mini Janome sewing machine needed some attention as it has been sitting behind me gathering dust. :( I couldn't believe I actually had ribbon to match the dp, it kind of all came together by surprise. The sentiment is actually an embossed outlined sticker. Pretty nifty, eh?

Click here to see all the other samples by my fabulous team, including the Guest Bar-Tenders which could be YOU next week! :) Thank you so much for coming by everyone, have a wonderful day! xoxoxox


5 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. TFS.

Mary Marsh said...

Fab card Joni love this sweet image and awesome coloring fun challenge thanks for inviting me to play along

Wanda Cullen said...

This is so adorable! Now, why didn't I think of using some ribbon with the stitching along the sides?! Love the ribbon tabs and buttons...perfect accents for sewing theme! Have a great w/e!

SuiLan said...

Wow Joni this card is really adorable... I love it!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just precious!