Monday, March 12, 2012

Black and White Monday Fun Day challenge!


Happy awesome Monday everyone!
I hope the time change was nice to you this weekend? 
I am half functioning on a weird internal clock, but it should clear up by the time we gain an hour. heehee!
This week's Monday Fun Day challenge at FFC is a great one! 
We want to see you use a BLACK and WHITE combo on your creations.

For my card I used the CC Drummer dude (digi) from The Greeting Farm's store.
Originally I planned on using music sheet as the paper, but realized that the sheet had more of a weathered/yellow-ish look to it. Totally didn't plan that right. 
But this houndstooth paper has a cool vibe, doesn't it?
 I found a piece of scrap paper with text on it, I think it was from a Halloween stack 
because the story is kind of creepy from what I can read. lol! 

I am trying to put more sentiments on my cards, something that I don't often do 
so that they can be used for any occasion, but the circle sentiment (from Stampin' Up) 
fit nicely on his base drum. And it says, "A little note of thanks" which is a nice pun for my rocker. ;)
This follows The Sweetest Thing's current sketch as well:
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #154


Come on over and join in on the black and white fun! 
Click here to get to the Farm Fresh Challenge blog site, this is also where you'll link up your work. 
TGF now has an SCS gallery too so be sure to upload your cards there as well! 

Have a rocking Monday everyone, thank you so much for coming by!
xoxoxox


4 comments:

Trina said...

Awesome! Your gorgeous coloring really pops with that white space around it, and I think putting the sentiment on the drum is super clever!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is fantastic. I just love the black and white. TFS.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wow, Joni..you take black and white to a whole nother level. I think if i was a talent scout..you'd be one person i'd pick..i've been accumlating a list. :)

Karmon said...

Awesome! Your very talented. When do you find the time?