Monday, June 29, 2015

TPE Challenge #305

Happy beautiful Monday, everyone!
I'm celebrating a brand new, shiny week,
and one that has finally cooled off to a low *90s instead of *105.
brrr...teehee!
Regardless of temperatures, I LOVE Summer and its relaxed vibe,
sleeping in, lazy days, family time, and of course swimming.
I was born and raised in Hawaii, so water is my home. ;)
Today is a new challenge over at The Pink Elephant:


ANYTHING GOES

I fell in love with Beach Pretty from Krista's Saturated Canary shop
and had to color her up for today's post:


She's such a doll!
I love her chic, mommy-friendly swimsuit, and her flowing hair.
I used a fun technique on her swimsuit that a friend did on her card -
instead of paper piecing a clothing item, simply color it in.
With a 0.3 copic black pen, I dotted 4-5 dots (depending on the location),
then added a red one in the center to create a flower.
Super easy and it gives the swimsuit a bit of dimension.

Be sure to enter in on the ANYTHING GOES challenge over at TPE this week!
Click here to hop to the blog and see all the designers' inspiration.
{It's an adorable lineup today!!}
This is also where you'll link up your work. :)

Thank you for swinging by to see me today.
I hope you have wonderful plans for the week ahead, have a great Monday, everyone!
xoxoxox
~*Joni

1 comment:

Sheri Gilson said...

What a fun summertime card, Joni! You know that I love your amazing Coptic coloring! Will miss working side by side but will be close by for sure...we will always be cottage roomies! ;). Love you tons my sweet friend! ❤️