Thursday, February 7, 2013

Deconstructed Sketch No. 88 and a little tut!


Happy almost Friday everyone!
Remember when Thursdays belonged to NBC? lol! I know...what a random thought. ;)

Here's another reason to celebrate today:

It's time for our weekly challenge from Deconstructed Sketch!
And here is my card using Turtle Lurv from Saturated Canary:
 

Here is the wonderful sketch by Jen:
Problem:
I am afraid of circle shaped cards because I didn't own any large cutting dies.

Solution:
Spontaneously go into Michaels, head to the Spellbinders' section...
and find the last Grand Calibur circles die on clearance for $14.99.
 Problem solved. teehee!

If you haven't noticed, I'm a wee bit obsessed with the no-border technique.
Lately I've received really sweet comments or messages on Facebook regarding a tutorial,
so I thought I'd show you a step by step one that I've done.

Step: 1
Change the color of your digital image following these directions
then start with the flesh tones:

Add in the details of the eyes using a nice multi-liner (like a Copic .03)

Color in the hair and other details:

I know. My light source on my image shifts. A lot. All the time.
Continue coloring:

And here she is again on my finished card:


I hope you all enjoyed this coloring journey!
It comes with its flaws, but that's what homemade is all about, right? lol!
I am entering this lurv-ly image into the following challenges as well:

Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge: Spring
Basic Grey Challenge: Love is in the Air (Kioshi paper pad)
CMC Copic Challenge Group: Color with Texture (grass)
Marker Pop Challenge: Texture with markers (copics)
Saturated Canary: Inspiration color picture

Now don't forget to use this week's Deconstructed Sketch in any of your creations!
Link up here to the Deconstructed Sketch site with your card -
and in case you were wondering, it need not be a circle card either!
Come see what the fabulous designers have done:
and me. ;)

Have a beautiful Thursday everyone!
Thank you for coming by. 
xoxoxox

14 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE this! She's so sweet! I have yet to give the no line image colouring a go....but you've inspired me to at least try!!! Your colouring is amazing!

tracey said...

WOW Joni. Gorgeous card and fabulous tutorial too. Saturated canary are my all-time fave stamps!

Crestajune said...

Outstanding creation, Joni! Thanks for showing us your coloring process. I am always in awe of people that can color... I can't seem to get the hang of it. I certainly admire your work. Have a wonderful day!

Carisa said...

this is beyond stunning!!! I love your no line coloring - especially on these intricate images. I've never been able to draw back in the eyes quite right. LOL

Rosie said...

Flaws?!! What are you talking about? You are the queen of this technique!! One day I'll try it but I'm scurred!! Your coloring is amazing girl!! Love ya!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous. You did a great job coloring and putting the card together!!!

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too.
This sort of clever work and reporting! Keep up the good works guys I've added you guys to my personal blogroll.
My page - value back links

Julie said...

Fabulous card, Joni - fab colouring and perfectly matched with your papers! Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey Challenges, good luck! Juliexx

Payne Holler Cards said...

Gotta love how you created this one! Thanks for the tutorial..I love that technique..thanks for joining us at the Color Me Creative challenge (-:
Linda CMC DT

Jen Shults said...

This is just gorgeous Joni. Your coloring is AMAZING and I love the way you colored her dress... so so cute. Gorgeous work!

Maire Gamber said...

Your card is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at MarkerPOP!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Berry said...

This is amazingly coloured fabulous breakdown too Thanks for entering at saturated canary hugs Rebekah xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is really pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, huggles Pops x x x

Brook said...

Beautiful card. I just love how you've colored her patchwork dress. I'll have to try your solution for getting my hands on a bigger Spellbinders die. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.